WVJC 89.1 has a set of general contest rules that are in effect during the year. At times, special contests and promotions require the establishment of a separate set of rules. Here are our general contest rules:
- All on-air contests indicate the prizes to be awarded and their method of entry.
- Contest methods may include random telephone selection, postcard entry, printed entry blanks and website Internet entry.
- When any contest has a deadline for entry, the deadline is clearly indicated in on-air promotional announcements and any written rules.
- Contests and promotions are open to listeners ages 18 or older unless otherwise indicated.
- WVJC 89.1 reserves the right to limit the winning of prizes to once every 30 days per household. The radio stations limit the winning of major prizes to once every 12 months.
- Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if any. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in contests and promotions.
- There are no prize substitutions. Prizes are non-transferable and are not negotiable. Prizes can't be exchanged for cash.
- Some prizes have restrictions, or expiration dates and do not include gratuities.
- WVJC 89.1 is not responsible for any prize mailed by request. Winners are urged to pick up their prize at the radio station. Prizes to be picked up at the station will be held for 30 days.
- Employees of WVJC 89.1 and any other sponsors are not eligible. Contests are not open to owners, officers, employees, consultants or advertising-marketing agencies of/for any radio stations or cable television franchises in the Evansville total survey area as defined by Arbitron Radio.
- By participating, winners grant permission for their voice and telephone call to be recorded and re-broadcast for promotional use on the radio station.
- WVJC 89.1 reserves the right to amend or change the above rules at anytime as well as end a contest at anytime. All decisions of station management with regard to the awarding of prizes, the selection of winners and the interpretation of these rules shall be final. Each contestant by virtue of entering a station contest agrees to accept the decision of the station as final.